13 November 2007

Throwing in the Towel

Greetings, from Baghdad. I've always been a reader of blogs, but I thought the idea of starting one would be a little trite, since no one would care what I had to say. But this is getting ridiculous. It seems as though people in America are not understanding what's going on with our current conflict in Iraq, or they don't care. Success or failure in Iraq will have great repercussions for many years to come. I believe that is something we can all agree on whether you agree or disagree with the coalition presence in this country. But time and time again society has misplaced their focus and this war is no exception. People still are following in droves to news about the latest Britney Spears debacle and how much gas costs for their SUV in our country. It's time to start looking past this introverted spectrum and start realizing that the world faces vast problems. I tend to focus my thought process on Iraq, since I live here, but hopefully this will be a springboard of debate for other important issues. Oh yeah, I'll throw in some stupid shit once in a while. Thanks!




LT Nixon

0 comments: