08 July 2009

Dear God, No More Cowbell Please

Go Away

The cornball stunt of dragging a bunch of morning shows to her fishing expedition was pretty much par for the course in modern politics (ooo, she's just like me, how do I give money?). But one thing that pisses me off the most about her resignation is that she took an oath to serve the public in Alaska, and then she flies the coop. Abruptly walking out of your contract with the American people in the military gets you thrown in jail, but doing it when you're a governor gets kudos from prominent conservative pundits? WTF. Then she has the audacity to compare herself to the troops in her horrendous resignation speech:
We can ALL learn from our selfless Troops… they’re bold, they don’t give up, they take a stand and know that life is short so they choose to not waste time. They choose to be productive and to serve something greater than self... and to build up their families, their states, our country.
I still can't figure out the fascination fellow conservatives have with Ms. Palin. I'd agree the media has been particularly vicious in their attacks, but I can only hypothesize that many conservatives see a bit of themselves in Sarah: a regular schmoe who took on the "elites" in our country. If I wanted to vote for someone who was just like me, I probably would've campaigned for David Carradine, but I'm much more interested in someone who knows what the fuck they are doing. Sarah just never inspired that confidence.

Eric Dondero, with much enthusiasm, says the next best hope for the GOP in terms of leadership is...Mitt Romney! Brr, it's getting chilly out here in the wilderness.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd still hit that shit...And then leave her with a money shot for being a quitter.

Eric Dondero said...

Whoopsie! Scratch that LT. I endorse Mitt with great enthusiasm. I was a big support of his in 2008, and will be so again for 2012. Unless the Nuge runs!

BTW, how's that ex-wife of mine doing there in your hometown? She hangs out at the Blue Goose on the edge of town. Let her know all is forgiven.

Me and my current wife send her our regards.

Nixon said...

Wouldn't know Eric, I'm hanging out in Bangkok at the moment. Sorry to put words in your mouth, I'll fix up the post.

Lisa said...

Well-said. Palin -- what a nothing, and add dereliction of duty on top of that.

The Republicans got nuthin' -- zippo. A pretty face? Hey, they've got Rush, right?!

Ms. Kiyum said...

Go fuck yourself, Anonymous. She might be a shitty politician and an embarrassment to women, but she deserves more respect than, "I'd hit it." And besides that, doesn't "I'd hit it," imply you'd be leaving a money shot anyway?

olgreydog7 said...

Sorry Ms. K, but Palin is hot. In my mind, that is what she has going for her. She has accomplished alot, but I was not pleased that she quit. Not running for reelection is fine, but to quit with the excuse she didn't want to be a typical lame duck politician is stupid. I wouldn't vote for her for Pres. Governor maybe. She might very well be qualified, but the pres. needs to look and act a certain way. It's just the way it is.

Flag Gazer said...

Always glad to find other conservatives that are not in the cult of Sarah. Bless you!