18 June 2008

New Moveon.Org Ad Broadcast From Alternate Universe



This is the new Moveon.Org slam piece on McCain which has already gotten over 200K views on YouTube (h/t Jesus' General). I have to admit that I don't care much for McCain's plans for Iraq (frankly, I believe we should focus on accelerated withdrawal from Messopotamia and divert more resources to Afghanistan), but this ad is completely dishonest for one huge reason. It presupposes that the Iraq war is being fought by a broad cross-section of the American public. Give me a break. The military is composed of a small percentage of the American citizenry and the only sacrifice these urban yuppie types have had to make is to put down their lattes to skim the latest news on "Bush's war". Don't worry, lady, your kid will be safe to go to a liberal arts school of his choosing when he grows up to learn about how terrible America is. Can you tell I'm still bitter about the General Betrayus debacle last September? Yeah, fuck you, Moveon.Org, and I'm getting drunk and listening to Chico DeBarge right now too.

0 comments: