07 July 2008

General Petraeus More Popular Than Angelina, And My Shameless Publicity Stunt

The London Times has a piece on the infamous General Petraeus photo-op available to those of us who served in the Green Zone (h/t Hot Air). The Times discusses how General Petraeus draws larger crowds than Condi, Dick, and even Angelina Jolie:

One Green Zone veteran said General Petraeus drew bigger crowds than almost any other celebrity visitor, including Angelina Jolie, Dick Cheney, the vice-president, and Condoleezza Rice, the Secretary of State. Only the right-wing talk show host Bill O'Reilly, known for shouting down liberal guests on his Fox Channel programme, drew similar crowds.

Since posting details of flag officer/VIP routines is a gross violation of OPSEC, I must remain vague. But here's my shameless attempt to be "cool" via proxy by showing this photo:

I tried to take this photographic evidence to some of the city's fancier clubs to schmooze my way into the VIP room. But as the barometer of coolness, TMZ, once called searching for the remains of MIAs "BS", I wasn't let beyond the velvet rope. Damn!

0 comments: