24 September 2008

Moran of the Day Says Vote Obama or We'll Be Whacked by the Stasi

Where else but the Huffington Post could you get these money quotes to foment stereotypes we've long held about liberals. Naomi Wolf writes:

Dictators and gangs of thugs all over the world hold elections. It means nothing. When a cabal has seized power you can have elections and even presidents, but you have freedom. I realized early on with horror what I was seeing in Governor Palin: the continuation of the Rove-Cheney cabal, but this time without restraints.
Oh no, the cabal!
My tax returns vanished from my mailbox. All my larger envelopes arrive ripped straight open apparently by hand. When I show the postman, he says "That's impossible." Horrifyingly to me is the impact on my family. My childrens' report cards are returned again and again though perfectly addressed; their invitations are turned back; and my daughters many letters from camp? Vanished. All of them. Not one arrived.
Nutty conspiracies about the government stealing your mail are so Y2K.
Under the coming Palin-Rove police state, you will witness the plans now underway to bring Iraqi troops to patrol the streets of our nation. This is not McCain's fantasy: it is Rove's and Cheney's.
I think she meant American troops who have served in Iraq. You shouldn't have to learn Arabic when reporting a crime in the near future. But who has time to proofread for content when you're just so outraged.

Make no mistake: Sarah "Evita" Palin is Rove and Cheney's cosmetic rebranding of their fascist push: she will help to establish a true and irreversible "fear society" in this once free once proud nation. For God's sake, do not let her; do not let them.

I have no reason to discount alarmist rhetoric about a sadistic U.S. government, but I prefer to get my daily dose of crazy from sites talking about the reincarnation of Abraham Lincoln and the Illuminati. These lefty weenies talk a big game about civil liberties, but they have burned us before by over-regulating social behavior they deem problematic and stomping out that "nuisance" of a second amendment. This is a pathetic attempt at fearmongering to scare up votes for an oligarchical state that happens to be her friends in the Democratic party as opposed to those evil Repubs. That and she's still trying to get a few rubes to pick up her book. Get in your Volvo and go back to San Francisco, you moran!

0 comments: