29 December 2007

2nd Ammendment Under Fire (again)

I thought the whole Gun Control Fascist movement died out after 9/11 (anyone remember the Million Mom March), but I guess it is now seeing a resurgence. This recent New Yorker article disputes the placement of commas by our founding fathers to imply that private citizens shouldn't have firearms. I understand that the New Yorker characterizes anyone living outside of Manhattan as a brain-dead hick, but this whole argument is flimsy at best IMHO. Gun-Control zealots always like to cite modern Europe and Japan as examples of low crime areas with gun control. They conveniently neglect the countries of Brazil, Mexico, and Nazi Germany in their argument. Next up, the 3rd amendment is going to be under assault. Watch out America or the unruly LT Nixon might be quartered in your domiciles against your will. A wiser man than myself once said "Vote for the Best, Prepare for the Worst".

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Those crazy Yankees! After the recent church shootings in the Denver area, you would think people would get the message. Thank God someone in that church was packing heat or there could have been lots more deaths.

Nixon said...

Ms. Bag Blog,

As a crazy yankee myself, I do not find myself fitting in with the same category as the folks at the New Yorker. Good point on the woman who was packing heat! Unfortunately cases like this are usually neglected by the media elite.

Anonymous said...

Completely off topic, LT Nixon. I just had a funny thought. I think it's a safe bet that most people who sign up with the Navy picture large bodies of water in their future. I bet you never pictured yourself in a desert!

Life is strange.

Stay safe.

Nixon said...

Gage,

You can say that again. At least I have a cushy job and I am not being a soldier (which I would not be good at in the first place), I'm just "on-loan" to the Army.

san diego dentists said...

After the recent church shootings in the Denver area, you would think people would get the message.