25 January 2008

Mosul: "A Decisive Battle" says Maliki

If you managed to filter out the important stuff from the crap while watching the news yesterday, you might've heard about Mosul, the third-biggest city in Iraq. While most American outlets were covering the fact that Heath Ledger's masseuse made a phone-call to one of the Full House twins or some such tripe, international media was talking about the Provincial Police Chief of Ninewa province that tragically got assassinated. The previous day, a huge explosion went off in Mosul that killed many citizens and leveled a city block. While the provincial police chief was visiting the carnage the following day, a suicide bomber killed him.
I realize that the Prime Minister of Iraq has said some sheisty things in the past, but Maliki's not taking any shit this time around. He has publicly stated that Iraqi Security Forces are on their way to flush out the Al-Qaeda rats from the city. Bill Roggio gives more clarity on Long War Journal here. Just a tip from myself to the Iraqi Security Forces, if you catch any Al-Qaeda thugs hang 'em, don't fry 'em, they'll stink too bad.

CNN-International had some gruesome footage

8 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Since I have been in Scotland the last three weeks, my TV and news has been even more skewered than usual. Now, not only do I get CNN's take on things, I get the Brittish biased view too. They have been reporting lots of Heath Ledger. Everyone here is interested in our Presidential race, and now and then there is some French news thrown in - especially the part about the PM's mistress. As they say in Scotland, "It's all Ccccrrraaapp!"

By the way, my daughter is now here too and the photos on my blog are much better.

Nixon said...

Crap indeed! Thanks for posting the photos on your blog, they remind me of much happier places. Your daughter is quite the dish if you don't mind me saying.

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the - Web Reconnaissance for 01/25/2008 A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention, updated throughout the day...so check back often.

DebbieKinIL said...

If the Iraqi's catch them, I know that this scum will be begging to be turned over to the American forces.

And we just had a "blurb" article about this on page 10 in the Chicago Tribune- Right inback of pages of the Obama and Hillary cat fight..

Tapline said...

Lt, Got your blog spot from somewhere...I think it was iraq the model.....I've been reading them for years now....You have an interesting post. thanks for the insight....stay safe and well.....

Nixon said...

Debbiekinil,

That's a shame that it was that far back. Mosul will be a big deal this year indeed as most Al-Qaeda forces have been pushed north, captured, killed, or fled the country.

Tapline,

Thanks for swinging by. I checked out your blog, sorry Fred dropped out. Who are you pulling for now?

Bag Blog said...

Yes, my daughter is a dish and I don't mind you saying so. She has her own blog, but I would have to email it if you are interested in seeing what she has to say.

Nixon said...

Bag Blog,

I sent you an email to your account listed in your blogger profile, let me know if you got it! Thanks!